Published by Bloomsbury YA on May 1st 2018
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Add to Goodreads
Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.
I really wanted to love this because I am such a big fan of Sarah J. Maas but I’ve got a lot of mixed feelings. I’ve never been a big fan of novellas slotted in between books in a series. More often than not, they’re pointless and nothing exciting happens because it’s just a cute little side idea that the author had. Other times they’re crucial and very much needed. ACOFAS was a little of both.
Maas very obviously wanted to bridge the gap between the old and the new, but at the same time, I was bored. So so bored. A lot of it was just so unnecessary. I’ve read more smut scenes between Feyre and Rhysand than I ever really needed (no matter how much I love them).
But let me bullet point my feels because what are real paragraphs?:
- Nesta! I was more interested in her chapters than everyone else’s. I am so on board for her character arc and I’m dying to know how it unfolds.
- Is Elain ever going to get over that douche of a human? I mean, come on, I think it’s time.
- My feelings for Tamlin are complicated. On one hand he is the biggest of douche canoes and I honestly hate his existence but at the same time I pity him endlessly.
- I now roll my eyes every time Feyre says “Illyrian babies”
- What did Mor see at the edge of the forest? What is coming? Answers! I need them.
- The dynamic between Azriel and Elain is too damn cute. Why couldn’t he be her mate instead?
- Is Lucien ever going to find out who his baby daddy is?
Have you read A Court of Frost and Starlight?
Let me know what you thought in the comments below.